- Scaling Kubernetes
- There are monitoring and logging systems, but its tough to monitor everything accurately in a distributed environment
- The Kubernetes cluster does not expose kernel level monitoring data
- Process/Service Specific Monitoring
- Since Kubernetes Service is essentially a process run by the linux Kernel
- With eBPF it is easy to monitor a specific process, so teams can monitor a process running across all of their infrastructure nodes.
- More granular than logs
- No special instrumentation needed
- unlike the sidecar pattern eBPF install a very small overhead
- There is no easy way to install eBPF on all nodes of the cluster, orchestration is a challenge, they can use Cilium like tools to get more visibility into their cluster though.
Post a Comment